During their summer tour in Cyprus and Greece, the dynamic rock trio from Nicosia “The Low Spark” will be playing at Technopolis 20 garden, on Friday, 8th of September 2017, at 20:30.
The Low Spark is a rock trio with a full and powerful sound, perhaps best known for high-energy live shows that present a fascinating hybrid of psych and prog rock with soul and blues, involving improvisational sections. The trio consists of Lefteris Moumtzis on bass and vocals, Loizos Pafitis on guitar and drummer Stefanos Meletiou.
Their debut album, “Few but many” was released on May 2017. The debut album by The Low Spark consists of eight songs that runs for a total of 40 minutes. Their sound brings together the facets of progressive–psychedelic rock, with references to 70s rock, soul and blues. A key characteristic is the continuous interchange between exciting tensions and melodic lines, which in many occasions touch the limits of drone, noise and shoegaze music.
The Low Spark have already presented dozens of live performances. After the replacement of Marios Michael on guitar with Loizos Pafitis, they have presented the album on Savino Live in Larnaca. They were also the main act on "The Rooftop Thursdays", a series of events taking place in The Home of Cooperation, in Nicosia's Buffer Zone. On both nights, the audience was carried away with The Low Spark's powerful performance. Currently, the band is running a tour in Cyprus and Greece to present live songs from "Few But Many" as well as some new material.
For "Few But Many":
• “Cyprus might not be a hotspot on the global prog map, but The Low Spark are absolutely worth a visit.” David West, Prog Magazine
• "A truly fantastic album." Robert Camassa, CYBC
• "Listening to "Few But Many" I spent forty minutes without getting bored. The flow has won me and since it is their debut album, it seems they have laid some strong groundwork for their way into the future." Konstantinos Paizanos, Dark Pulse
• "It is a musical suggestion that, even though you can clearly see its origins, at the same time it completely contains the characteristics of its era." Panayiotis Georgiou, Avant Garde
• "It presents colorful, emotional, and elegant song-oriented Neo-Hardrock that mixes multiple retro-influences from Classic Rock, Art-Prog-Rock, and Psychedelice Rock. Awesome debut - highly recommended!" Igor Gorely, Recyclable Sounds
• "(...) without having here, in this first album by The Low Spark, not a single unrelated track." Fontas Trousas, Lifo
• "Listen with comfort and definetely in a loud volume." Kiki Iliadou, Rockin'Athens
Listen to the single Counting the Sheep.
Listen to the album.
Watch a live performance for a CyBC show.
The Low Spark on social media and streaming services
Facebook / Bandcamp / YouTube / Soundcloud / Instagram
Contact: [email protected]
Entrance: 10 euro
Reservations necessary at 70002420.